Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Samsung is offering a full refund on the Galaxy Note 7

Samsung is offering a full refund on the Galaxy Note 7
A Vodafone customer claims he was told by a call centre worker to get off his 'dangerous' Galaxy Note 7 amid fears it would 'blow his head off'.
Dave Herron said he called his network provider to request a replacement handset after reading about the issues affecting the Note 7 smartphone.
Samsung has stopped production of the device for 'consumer safety' amid reports of the phone's batteries overheating and bursting into flames.


The decision to scrap the handset, seen as a serious rival to the iPhone 7, is expected to cost the company more than £13billion in lost sales.
However, customers also fear they will lose out with some reporting they are still being charged monthly by their provider despite not being able to use their handset.
Samsung is offering a full refund on the Galaxy Note 7
Mr Herron told MailOnline he is still forking out £65 a month for his contract with Vodafone despite the fact he cannot use his Note 7 for fear of it catching alight.
He hit out at the network provider's handling of the situation, describing its customer service as 'worst abysmal and at best laughable'.
He said: 'I have spent over three hours on the phone trying to get an exchange.
'My first call to them this morning was despicable. I got through to the returns department and said I would like to return my phone because of the new issue which had arisen. The representative knew nothing of the issues which in itself is disgraceful.
'I tried to order a new phone but they said I had to wait a few days for their system to update. All Vodafone wanted to do was to blame Samsung.
'I acknowledged it was Samsung's fault but as my provider I wanted them to sort me a replacement handset from a different manufacturer, which they were refusing to do.'
He said he then became alarmed when he was told by the Vodafone call centre worker to get off his Galaxy Note 7 because his 'head would be blown off'.
He added: 'I was told to power down the handset and not use again. When I asked if they would still be charging my bill of £65 per month he advised they would. I was then asked if I was calling from my Note 7. I was and the operator then refused to speak to me any further in case he got injured by the imminent explosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment